Thursday, December 27, 2012

Novel, go write yourself

I am so excited about my second novel. It's fun and exciting and completely different from the first one. There's more action and it's definitely got a different feel. I know where I'm going with it in general, though, as always, the characters sometimes take me on pit stops.

So why have I not worked on writing for over two weeks?

It's not writer's block. Like I said, I know where I'm going. I want to get there. If I sit down to write, I know the words will come. But I've been so LAZY lately!

I have always written for fun. When it ceases to be fun, I stop. But I think there's also a point where I have to look at my motivation for NOT doing what I really do want to do. I think a lot of times I get scared. Of what? I'm not sure.

I think I need to be a little more proactive in forcing myself to do things that scare me, even just writing another chapter, which puts me that much closer to finishing and querying and the inevitable rejection that comes with that.

Alright. Time to suck it up and jump back into the world of writing. Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment